My practice is underpinned by an existential, holistic philosophy that is rooted in both humanistic and psychodynamic models of counselling and psychotherapy.
This approach is principally informed by theories of:
- mentalisation (the ability to understand and make sense of our own experience and that of others)
- transactional analysis (TA)
- family dynamics (systemic theory)
- human development
- interpersonal neurobiology
- cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
In addition to theoretical knowledge and experience, I aim to bring kindness, safety, honesty, compassion and humility to all aspects of my work.
Further information for counselling or psychotherapy students can be found here.