Difficult Mother / Daughter (or Son) Relationships
Problems between mothers and daughters (or sons) are a special interest of mine. I often receive enquiries from people outside of the Brighton area who’ve found my website and have concerns either about their own mother / daughter relationship, or for someone close to them.
Here are my thoughts on this subject:
- I offer face-to-face counselling to adults in Brighton, UK. I am unable to provide telephone, email or video conferencing counselling.
- I do not provide personal recommendations of therapists outside the Brighton and Hove area.
- When looking for a local therapist who might be able to help you, choose someone who is at least BACP registered and preferably UKCP registered. Also, a therapist whose theoretical orientation is systemic (sometimes described as family systems) will be knowledgeable on, and have an interest in, family dynamics.
- I recommend having some individual therapy before embarking on joint therapy.
- Joint or family therapy is not always the best way forward, especially for young people.
I ask that you only contact me if you are able to attend counselling sessions in Brighton. Thank you.