Difficult Mother / Daughter (or Son) Relationships
* * * Please see my availability page before contacting me as I am often full * * *
Problems between mothers and daughters (or sons) are a special interest of mine. I often receive enquiries from people outside of the Brighton area who’ve found my website and have concerns either about their own mother / daughter relationship, or for someone close to them.
Here are my thoughts on this subject:
- I offer face-to-face counselling to adults in Brighton, UK. I will also consider online counselling via Zoom for individuals only.
- I do not provide personal recommendations of therapists outside the Brighton and Hove area.
- When looking for a local therapist who might be able to help you, choose someone who is at least BACP registered and preferably UKCP registered. Also, a therapist whose theoretical orientation is systemic (sometimes described as family systems) will be knowledgeable on, and have an interest in, family dynamics.
- I recommend having some individual therapy before embarking on joint therapy.
- Joint or family therapy is not always the best way forward, especially for young people.
I ask that you only contact me if you are able to attend counselling sessions in Brighton or are set up for Zoom sessions (individuals only). Please also check my availability page before contacting me. Thank you.